Ragging means an act, conduct or practice by which power or status of senior students is brought to bear on students freshly enrolled or students who are in any way considered junior by other students & includes individual or collective acts/practice which:
- Involve physical assault or threat or use of physical force.
- Violate the dignity of women students.
- Expose students to ridicule and contempt and affect their self-esteem.
- Entail verbal abuse, aggression & indecent behavior.
We have laid down strict norms to ensure smooth induction of new students into the campus as well as to ensure that no undesirable activities take place under any circumstances. In view of the above, following measures will be adopted and all efforts made to ensure implementation of the measures in letter and spirit.
- All students will be made to sign anti-ragging declaration as appended in the prospectus.
- Bill boards will be affixed at all places frequented by the students.
- Mobile patrols consisting of security personnel will patrol the campus area.
- Due announcements will be made during all opening / inaugural ceremonies of various courses to apprise students of the anti-ragging measures.
- Telephone number of various important functionaries is provided below to report any attempt of ragging.
- Suggestions/Complaint boxes are positioned at all important places to enable students to inform management of any case of ragging, if an individual does not want to disclose his/her identity.
- Available faculty members will keep vigil in the vicinity of their respective work stations/floor.
- Introduction of new students with old / senior students should be organized at the earliest not giving a chance to seniors to organize such meetings resulting into ragging at times.
- Teachers/security personnel will be detailed to accompany the students in College Buses in the morning / evening.
- Students will be forbidden to be called outside the campus by the seniors for introductory purpose.
- Surprise checks will be conducted at night at different timings in the hostels.
- New students are generally allotted rooms together on a separate floor/wing during initial stages of 1st Semester.
- Faculty members may be deputed on duty during the night hours at the hostels till the welcome party / get together is organized for the new joiners.
- All faculty members must ensure that all classes are running as per stipulated timings and under no circumstances, classes be started late or left early to give a chance to seniors to indulge into undesirable activities.
Any individual or collective act or practice of ragging constitutes gross indiscipline and is dealt with severely. CPC has formed an Anti-Ragging committee and an Anti-Sexual Harassment committee consisting of the following members:
|HOD –Applied Sciences||Ms. Pawandeeep Kaur||9041001424|
|HOD – CSE||Er. Manjeet Kaur||9915831319|
|HOD –Workshop Supt.||Er.Parminderjeet Singh||8146543735|
|HOD – Civil||Er. Jasvir Singh||9780145434|
|HOD –ECE||Er. Ravi Wadhwa||9464531714|
|HOD –EE||Er. Harjinder Singh||8146264642|
The students are free to approach any of the members of the committee at any time. The students fill an Anti-ragging declaration also for the same.