Collaboration with Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA)
MoU has been signed between Chandigarh Polytechnic College (CPC) and PEDA on 16th December 2019. Chandigarh Polytechnic College (CPC) and PEDA have collaborated to support and work on Research & Development Projects on Energy Conservation & Energy Efficiency in the state of Punjab. Punjab Energy Development Agency being a State Designated Agency for implementation of Energy Conservation Act - 2001 in the state of Punjab has been making efforts to promote renewable energy & energy efficiency.
MoU was signed by Sh. Navjot Pal Singh Randhawa, IAS, Chief Executive Officer, PEDA and Prof.(Dr.) Gurmeet Singh Swag, Principal, Chandigarh Polytechnic College at PEDA Office, Chandigarh to work on research & innovative projects in the field of energy efficiency / energy conservation in buildings, industry, clean technologies, energy efficient appliances in domestic, commercial and industrial sector in the state of Punjab.
In this exclusive collaboration, Chandigarh Polytechnic College shall work with PEDA on the following areas:
- To publicize the program locally and ensure adequate participation.
- To provide strategic research support, guidance and direction for the development of R&D projects.
- Designing, Testing, Performance evaluation and analysis of different technologies.
- To provide experts/ specialists/ faculties technical material and technical assistance in the concerned areas of technology.
- To facilitate PEDA interaction through involvement of researcher through Educational / Research Institutes and Laboratories.
- Joint hosting of Conferences, Training Courses/ Workshops.