Chandigarh Polytechnic College, Gharuan in association with NITTR, Chandigarh organized One Week Faculty Development Program "RENEWABLE AND CLEAN ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES" through ICT 13th November to 17th November,2017. The FDP started with the Inauguration and Introduction of the training programme by Dr. Poonam Syal, Overall coordinator of the FDP
The key sessions of the FDP were:
1. Rain Water Harvesting and Ground Water Recharge By Dr. D. Tiwari
2. Wind Power Generation , Electric Vehicle By Dr. AV Ravi Teja, IIT, Ropar
3. Solid Waste Management By Dr. Poonam Syal
4. Zero Energy Process Technologies By Dr. Ashok Sharma
5. Green Buildings and its Rating By Dr. Poonam Syal
Since pollution is increasing rapidly due to man-made resources and the non-renewable sources like electricity, petrol etc are depleting at a faster rate, the main concern of this FDP was to aware people about other renewable sources like solar energy, wind energy, Green buildings etc.
Faculty members learnt a lot of new technologies, concept and ideas to deploy renewable sources and save non-renewable sources thereby keeping the environment clean and green.