About the Department
The Diploma (ME) Program is duly approved by the AICTE and affiliated to Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training (PSBTE& IT). Mechanical engineering is the discipline that applies the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. The Mechanical Engineering department at CPC is well equipped with latest state of the art labs and manned by highly qualified & experienced faculty members. The department has adopted latest teaching learning processes like e-learning, power point presentations, Overhead projectors, seminars, industrial visits, Expert Lectures from Industry Personnel etc. We take special efforts to reduce the gap between Industry & Institute.
Mechanical Engineering Labs and Workshops
- Material Science Lab
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics Lab
- Strength of Material Lab
- Applied Mechanics Lab
- Automobile Engineering Lab
- Thermodynamics Lab
- Computer Aided Design Lab
- Metrology & Instrumentation Lab
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab
- CNC Machines and Automation Lab
- Workshops (Carpentry, Welding, Fitting, Foundry, Machine, Smithy Shops )
Mechanical engineers play a vital role in varied industries such as automotive, manufacturing, automation, aerospace, biotechnology, computers and electronics, chemical, construction, energy conversion and more. A Mechanical Engineering Diploma holder can work in both private and public companies.
- MRF ltd
- TVS Motors
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Tata Motors
- Swaraj Engines
- EICHER Tractors
- PSUs such as PSPCL,PSTCL,NTPC,NHPC,BHEL,SSC, PWD etc
- Big Brands like L&T, Schlumberger, Volvo Eicher.