Whatever your sport of choice, CPC is home to some great sporting teams, Football, Basket Ball and more. So, whether you want to participate for fun, at club level or at the highest national standards, at CPC you will be inspired to achieve your personal best. The students of Chandigarh Polytechnic College actively participate in the Punjab Inter Polytechnic Colleges Sports Competitions and Athletics events, organized by Punjab TechnicalInstitutions Sports (PTIS) and perform very well in these activities. We support world-class athletes each year in their academic and sporting lives through various scholarship programs.
We provide best training to prepare students for games like:
We at Chandigarh Polytechnic College (CPC) provide you a decent stay and the best possible learning environment. The stay at campus would certainly provide a wealth of experience by developing qualities such as comradeship and social responsibility. CPC offers separate hostel facility for boys and girls. Each hostel has spacious and well furnished rooms offering a plush, modern lifestyle. The rooms are well-equipped with Wi-Fi facility, telephone, water purifier, water cooler and provision for indoor as well as outdoor games.The students housed in the campus are encouraged
to use the gymnasium, playground and all indoor gaming facilities. These hostels also have home like dining facilities that offer fresh & nutritious food to the students. The hostels are located within the campus thus offering secured abode. The hostel is designed in such a way as to provide optimum utilization of student's time for their overall personality development. The first-aid facility & a dispensary are available within the campus and arrangement for indoor treatment with many hospitals located in Mohali & Chandigarh is also in place. Several other facilities are also available in hostels to make the student stay most comfortable and enjoyable.
- 24x7 power supply
- Well-furnished common rooms with TV & DTH connection
- Well equipped reading rooms Wi-Fi Internet facility
- Separate gymnasium for girls and boys Indoor games (Carom, Badminton etc)
- Night Canteen and Tuck shops
- Laundry Facility
- Guest Room
- Hot and Cold Water
- 24 hr Medical care availability.
- Free medicines to students and staff from college dispensary.
Chandigarh Polytechnic College has a tie up with surrounding hospitals like Fortis Hospital, Sohana hospital, Ivy hospital (Mohali) & Cosmo hospital for concessional consultancy tests and treatment. In case of emergency, college transport (ambulance) is available round the clock to car ry the patients for treatment at surrounding hospitals
Well Connected Transport
The fleet of CPC buses provide pick and drop facility to students coming from within a radial distance of 100 kms.
The buses are modern and luxury class to give a comfortable traveling experience.
- Using University transport is not mandatory and only those students who agree to abide by the transport rules of the university are advised to use the university transport.
- The bus pass will be valid for one academic year after which it needs to be renewed from the transport office.
- The boarding/dropping point should be given clearly in the requisition form.
- Once a student applies for and obtains a bus pass the transport fee will be charged for full year. Transportation year will be considered from 1st July to 30th June.
- The transport fee should be paid in the beginning of the academic year and the fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The transport charges will be notified every year and is subject to change depending on the increase in the cost of fuel and other operating costs.
- All the students travelling in the college bus must carry the bus pass and produce the bus pass at any time if demanded by the Driver/conductor or the staff of the college.
- Those travelling in the bus without a bus pass will be fined Rs. 500/‐ each time and necessary disciplinary action will also be taken.
- The students should not change the boarding /dropping point, or routes without prior permission.
- Strict discipline should be maintained inside the university bus.
- All the students/parents/ staff members are expected to be aware of the transport rules of the university and ignorance of the same will not be an excuse for any dispute/claim.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Vice – Chancellor will be final and binding on the students/ Staff availing transport facility.
- The university can change, alter, amend any of the above rules at any point of time and it will be binding on the students.
The Students availing bus facility can make use of Helpline No. 8146651560 and email id –email@example.com
The college library has a rich collection of books, periodicals, journals and CD's/ DVD's. The library has installed open source software (OSS) KOHA library management solution and other software like Greenstone for automation and digitization of its services. The library has maintained a number of databases to serve our clients. It has acquired the institutional membership of the British Library from where books and articles are procured when required by the students and staff. The book collection ably supports the teaching, research & development and other professional activities of each department. The library has good collection of e-newspapers and e-journals.
Rich collection of 8,000 books; Over 20 print journals and 25 Magazines Wide range of National & International E-Journals
Working hours of the library: 9 am to 5 pm
Club & Activities
The Polytechnic has a practice of preparing a comprehensive annual program of extracurricular activities right in the beginning of the session. This includes paper reading contests, blood donation camps, declamation contests, engineering material/model exhibition etc. Our students participated in Inter-Polytechnic youth festival organized by PTIS for boys and girls separately. The Polytechnic has the following Clubs/Units offering opportunities to the students to develop a well integrated personality:
Cultural Club of the college aims to connect the students to varied cultures of India and to the rest of the globe. It helps the students to show their skills and talents.
Fine Arts Club:
Fine Arts Club of Chandigarh Polytechnic College aims to develop the students academically, artistically and socially so that they leave the College as independent, confident, cooperative, responsible and creative young adults with a lifelong interest and ability to learn the arts.
Green Club (Environment):
Chandigarh Polytechnic College is playing a global role in spreading the message to save the environment and to promote environmental awareness in the society. All students of the College, including green club members should be aware of green issues, directly or indirectly.
The Literary Club has been conceptualized, keeping in mind the need of individuals to possess literary skills .The objective of this club is to provide the students ample opportunities to learn and practice their literary skills in form of various workshops and competitions.
A science club is a club that offers students the chance to do science-related activities that extend and enhance the science they experience in the classroom and inculcate in them the scientific approach towards life. The club will be responsible for giving students an opportunity to show their innovative side.
It organizes all sports related programs in the college. The students can participate in different sports after passing the trials.
This club organizes various events related to computers. It also actively performs to enhance the software and hardware aspects of the students.
The University has allotted four units of NSS with strength of 500 volunteers. The National Service Scheme (NSS) is devoted to have an effective involvement of the students in making their education socially relevant. Its objective is not only to make the teaching purposeful and meaningful, but also to sensitize the members of CPC who are privileged to contribute their part for the good of society. The NSS offers unique opportunities to make our students, instruments of change and development in society and organizes special camps like blood donation, campus cleanliness drives, etc. in nearby villages. By joining NSS, the students can learn leadership skills , social responsibilities and team work. The interested students can fill the form online through their UIMS after the notification regarding the same is made.
The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. It is a responsive, learning and continuously evolving organization. The NCC Unit of CPC is affiliated with 23 PB BN NCC, Ropar. The sanctioned strength is one company (160 Cadets).For Joining NCC, Trials are held in month of August every year. The trails include Endurance testing (05 Km race & 100 m sprint) followed by interview with ANO.