Registration and Attendance Policy for the Academic
- It is mandatory for the student to maintain minimum 75% attendance to appear in all final exams to be conducted by PSBTE&IT at the end of semester as per attendance rules of PSBTE & IT, Chandigarh.
- Minimum 75% attendance is required in each subject to appear in mid-term examinations as well. Failing to do so, he/she will be detained in the respective subject.
- Registration on first day is mandatory for all the students.
Students are required to check their attendance on CUIMS on daily basis and the fortnight attendance will be displayed on Notice board as scheduled.If the students remains absent for continuously 5 days without taking proper leave , his/her status on CUIMS shall be converted to Non-Active automatically and his/her attendance will not be marked until approved by higher authorities.
A student can avail Duty leave /Medical leave/General leave as per the following leave policies:
- Duty Leave Policy: The duty leave of the student has to be applied on CUIMS by the concerned student prior to the event/practice sessions. The student has to get written permission from concerned HOD before taking part in any activity and in case the student is having less than 75% of attendance, he/she should not be allowed to participate in any such activity.
- Medical Leave Policy: The student is required to apply for medical leave (minimum SEVEN days )on CUIMS with proper medical documents like admission in the hospital, blood reports, test reports, discharge slip and fitness certificate within three days after returning from the leave of illness. Student can not avail the medical leave if his/her attendance is below 65%.
- General Leave Policy: The general leave of the student has to be applied on CUIMS by the concerned student and leave should be approved by HOD before availing that leave.
ID card andUniform
Wearing of ID cards is must in the campus. Wearing prescribed and complete uniform on Wednesday is mandatory. Apart, uniform has to be worn during examination days (Practical & Theory both), Placement days and any other day as specified by the college.
- Student coming late in the class will not be given the attendance after 5 minutes of schedule start of the lecture; however they can sit in the class.
- Any mass bunk will be treated as absence and strict actions will be taken as per the rules.
- Mobile phones must be switched off during all classes.
Academic Calendar for All Semesters (All Branches)
|Sr. No.||Event||Date||Working days||Remarks|
|1||Start of Even Semester||07-Jan-19||Start of AllSemesters (All Branches)|
|2||First Fortnight (for attendance)||07-Jan-19||17-Jan-19||9||Displayed on 18-Jan-19|
|3||Second Fortnight (for attendance)||18-Jan-19||31-Jan-19||10||Displayed on 01-Feb-19|
|5||Annual Sports Meet||01-Feb-19||02-Feb-19||2|
|6||Third Fortnight for attendance||01-Feb-19||14-Feb-19||10||Displayed on 15-Feb-19|
|8||Fourth Fortnight (for attendance)||15-Feb-19||25-Feb-19||7||Displayed on 26-Feb-19|
|10||Fifth Fortnight (for attendance)||26-Feb-19||11-Mar-19||10||Displayed on 12-Mar-19|
|12||Parent Teacher Meeting||09-Mar-19|
|13||Sixth Fortnight(for attendance)||12-Mar-19||21-Mar-19||8||Displayed on 22-Mar-19|
|14||CU Tech Invent||22-Mar-19||23-Mar-19||2|
|15||Seventh Fortnight (For Attendance)||22-Mar-19||04-Apr-19||10||Displayed on 05-Apr-19|
|16||2nd MST||25-Mar-19||29-Mar-19||Through class test|
|19||Eighth Fortnight (For Attendance)||05-Apr-19||17-Apr-19||9||Displayed on 18-Apr-19|
|21||Ninth Fortnight||18- Apr-19||Till end of sem|
|22||Rationalization and End of Semester||03-May-19|
|23||Board's Theory Examinations||06-May-2019 onwards|
|24||Final Practical Examinations||As per PSBT schedule (to be received)|
|25||Start of Odd Semester||15-Jul-19|
|*Best of Luck*|